1. Classe 1: Output power can not cause eye damage.
2. Classe 2: The output power is less than 1 mW. If exposed, natural reflex to blink and turn his head enough to protect from the risk of injury.
3. Classe 3A: The output power is less than 5 mW, which limits the power reaching the retina to 1 mW when the pupil is dilated at maximum (estimated opening 7 mm).Therefore, the accidental exposure to a laser class 3A should not be more dangerous than exposure to a class 2 laser.
4. Classe 3B: The output power is less than 500 mW, sufficient to cause eye injuries that are described from a capacity of 150 MW
5. Classe 4: The output power exceeds 500 mW. These High Powered Laser Pointer can cause eye and skin damage and even cause inflammation of the objects on which they are directed.